Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) and Nursing Home Transition & Diversion (NHTD) Support Services is a New York State Medicaid Waiver program that offers eligible individuals support and services in their own home and the community. These services aim to help individuals learn independent living skills such as self-care, money management, light housekeeping, interpersonal skills, sensory/motor skills, problem-solving skills, and many more. This program also assures them to have a smooth integration into the community and help them have an independent and productive life.
NHTD & TBI services aim to:
- Provide an opportunity for comprehensive services to be available in the community rather than in an institution.
- Meet the needs of a targeted group in a community-based setting.
- Maintain the waiver participant’s health and welfare through an individualized service plan.
- Assure the overall cost of serving waiver participants in the community is less than the expense of serving a similar group in an institution
- Provide Home and Community Support Services (HCSS) that aims to supervise them and assist them with activities of daily living (ADL) and instrumental activities of daily living (IADL).
- Teach Independent Living Skills Training Services (ILST) to improve or maintain the waiver participant’s ability to live as independently as possible
If you have questions regarding our services, our staff is available to assist you in answering your concerns. Contact us today.